What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Dog Memorial

Boodlebear

Hello, I found you while searching for photoshop help online & I truly hope you can help me. My beloved heart dog, Bumble, passed away last week and I am absolutely devastated and heart broken.

My 2 favourite photos of her need help. I really want to use them both for her picture frame urn (will be zooming in) but need background stuff taken out (Kleenex box, remotes, jewelry but can't have her fur looking chopped. I'd really like the details of her fur to stay. The background can stay dark (ish) but natural (I think this will make her pop even more? It is being put in a mahogany coloured picture frame urn. Does any other retouching need to be done? Needs to be high resolution as I will be blowing them up. I have tried and tried but I do not have the skills to do fur and make it look natural and not "cut out". I was able to fix her glowing eyes, but that is the extent of my knowledge. Please help and thank you!!

IMG_0115a.jpg

IMG_0114a.jpg

HuckinFell

I personally feel the first image is the stand out winner for immortalising Bumble. Please let me know if you'd like me to have a go at the second and I will.

I removed the rogue objects and stole fur edging from other areas to keep a natural edge to her coat. From the viewer's perspective, those areas included the top right of her head and the left foreleg. The right ear got some bristle-brush eraser treatment to break the edges up.

I've then pushed up the contrast and reduced the brightness, reduced the yellows and reds, reduced the noise and corrected the white balance.

1.png

Boodlebear

Here's number 2...

Similar treatment to the first, with the tongue masked before I tuned down the reds!

Borrowed some parts of Bumble's paws from the first image.

View attachment 120380
Wow! You do fur really, really well!! Are you able to change her colour at all on both photos to be more similar to the original pic? She had many different colours blended onto her that I called her colour "weathered fenceboard taupe", lol. Thank you so much!!!

Babine

Guru
This is great! ARe you able to change her colour a little on both pics to be like the original photos? She had a blend of coulours in her that I described her colour as "weathered fenceboard taupe". She was more greyish on top and faded into tan on her legs. Thank you so much

Closer?
Dog-2-Desaturated.jpgDog-Desaturated.jpg

Boodlebear

Here's number 2...

Similar treatment to the first, with the tongue masked before I tuned down the reds!

Borrowed some parts of Bumble's paws from the first image.

View attachment 120380
Wow! You do fur really, really well!! Are you able to change her colour at all on both photos to be more similar to the original pic please? She had many different colours blended onto her that I called her colour "weathered fenceboard taupe", lol. Thank you so much!!! Also, I see that it is a png file. I can still print that? (I don't know enough about that). Thank you!!