What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downsize image . Resize collage . Keep quality .

Hello! Very much so a noob question . ive done my research and im just here for a very definite tutorial . im learning how to resize images from Big to small. Only problem is i cant seem to keep the high quality resolution . Ive included both images .. the "moonshine" collage is what id like to minimize. The "Whiskey" image is able to be downsized with no resolution loss when i downsize why? ID also like to keep them PNG or transparent in the background .

the moonshine collage image is one i made in photoshop cs6.

id like to make them W:280 pixels H:110 pixels/100 pixels

:banghead::banghead:

Theres a screen shot of the photo in place . The GREEN image is the image in low resolution , which i cannot figure why . the other RED image is how id like all my images to appear . There both pretty big original images as well ..

Attachments

• whiskey collage BIG.png
    whiskey collage BIG.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 3
  • moonshine - Copy BIG.png
    moonshine - Copy BIG.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 10
  • scrresn.png
    scrresn.png
    628.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The smallest you can go with this image is W280 x H219
Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.10.38 PM.png

If you want the smaller canvas size of W280 x H110, you will have to make the image of the booze smaller using free transfrom, if you want all of them to fit...
Booze_01.png

Last edited:
Sorry, just read about the green and red...............

This is about as close as you can get.

Booze_02.png

Last edited:
Create a new (empty) document that is W 280 x H 110.

Also open the original booze document.

Now drag the booze document into the 280 x 110 document. It will be huge.
I would convert it to a smart object.
Use the free transform to size and position the booze.........hold shift and Option/Alt to maintain proportions.

I am currently trying these suggestions , I will definitely provide feedback tomorrow afternoon. This is really much so appreciated , just jumping into web graphics/design and its always been a subject of not much interest. Ive lacked in that subject for long and I am now eager to learn more .

Back