What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing with paths in PS, but still looks raster-ized

yojames

I am creating a web page background using paths and filling in with bucket tool. When I look at image at 100% I still see jagged edges! I expected a perfect shape that's has vector traits. Please see the exported flattened jpg and my image properties. Thanks for any help given!!

Attachments

• Image Size.jpg
    Image Size.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 16
  • WebBKGtest.jpg
    WebBKGtest.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 9
Since you can't paint with a bucket in path, i assume, you used CTRL+click on path or Make Selection ...
If you just CTRL+click you don't get acsess to antialiasing option for selection, which are in Make Selection dialog.
So go long way and use Make Selection and check Antialiasing on.

pathselection.jpg

No need to turn the path into a selection, just right click and select Fill Path, then you'll get the dialogue box as shown.

No need to turn the path into a selection, just right click and select Fill Path, then you'll get the dialogue box as shown.
Okey, okey, in that case :)
No need to fill path neither. One of best way is use Solid Color adjustment layer.
First advantage is that you can easy change color any time you want.
Second, you can easy change shape of that "filled" object with pen tool.
Third, acsess to layer styles.

pathselection2.jpg

Oh excellent! I will try all of these tonight and feel the stress melt away.
Thanks!!

Back