What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Dreamcatcher (update)

Raven

Power User
Some fun with 3D/Poser/PS....
---Maya

SCync

Power User
Really like it Maya, beautiful composition. My only criticism is the bird doesn't seem to be in motion because of the 90? angle of the dreamcatcher to the ground.

Welles

Guru
That's a great use of Poser, Maya. Your composition is extremely intriguing and implies a complete story, not quite told, but left for the viewer to fill in the details. The only thing I'd like to see might be a few more highlights on the raven (?) to give it a bit more definition.

:} :}

Raven

Power User
:D Thanks SCync -- that's a good suggestion and in the next render I'll shift the angle of the dreamcatcher a bit to imply a bit of swing from the raven's flight with it.

Thanks also Welles -- adjusted a small version just for posting here. ;)
---Maya

;)

Sean

Guru
Thats great raven, except it looks like the lady is looking above the raven. Seems like she should be looking at the dreamcatcher. And maybe a slight motion blur on the raven so it looks like it's in motion.

Raven

Power User
;) Thanks Patrick! I did in fact do an updated version of this a few months ago and posted it over on TG, but I guess I forgot to post the updated one here also -- it might have been when there was a forum problem here and during those days when there was no way to post anything. Anyway, here's the updated version I had done. :D
(P.S. I had thought about twisting the feathers in the air but decided in the end they looked better like this for the time being. Maybe if I go back to this one at another time I'll see about a few more things. ;) )

Sean

Guru
Much better, I remember that one from show board. Wolfs saying "mmmm, %} lunch!" :rofl:

Raven

Power User
:rofl: ;) Yep! I guess that's where I posted it! :D

i hate yngwie

if you remember, you can just call me Tyler
my user on all forums is "i hate yngwie" its just a way for people to reckonize me :perfect:

Raven

Power User
:perfect: That's cool Tyler -- and much easier too. ;)