What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb problem.. I cannot pull a layer onto new image?

Wetstuff

I used to be able to have a number of Pshp windows on my desktop and simply drag layers of one onto another or a new 'page'. Now what I have is a side-by-side, series of windows within a gray box with a link bar at the top. When #2 is open.. #1 is closed, etc.

I cannot find a way to do it the 'old way'. Any thoughts?

Jim

chitkaran

Guru
From the menu bar at the top

Windows -> Arrange -> Tile Horizontally

I hope this helped.

Cheers...!!!

peta62

Guru
Hello,
first I think you can do what you are ue=sed to, just throw it on the tab. Second it is a Photoshop setting whether you have separate ( independent ) windows or everything in tabs.
Best regards,
Peter

ibclare

Queen Bee
All you have to do is grab the tab where the name of the doc is and pull it apart. You may want to check preferences, go to interface and make sure that open documents as tabs is not checked.

ibis

Power User
All you have to do is grab the tab where the name of the doc is and pull it apart. You may want to check preferences, go to interface and make sure that open documents as tabs is not checked.
the very first thing i did adjusting the interface;-)

Wetstuff

Oh man! 'Float all in windows' - Bravo! I also un-checked 'Open documents as tabs'. Thanks all.. There would be No Way that I could have done this alone. Cheers.. and thanks.

Jim