What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easier way to load brushes and actions?

Vafann

Guru
Hi! i have wondering about this a long time, is there some way to easily load brushes and actions and things to Photoshop?

I have tons of these things that are still zipped because it´s such a hassle to get them into Photoshop. Do you really have to go through the whole " Computer/user/ something/ something/ roaming/ adobe/ photoshop/ Brushes.... and so on? And then redo this every time you want to load a new brush or set of brushes or actions?

I hardly have any brushes or actions in Photoshop because it is such a chore. Does everyone have to do this or is there another way?:confused:

Hoogle

Guru
no just use something like abr viewer a brush manager lets you browse all your brushes and see a set you want 1 click and it loads into photoshop
or sort all your brushes into an easily accessible folder and load them in by selecting brush tool selecting the arrow to the right of your brush preview box (top left) and then select the brush set from your folder

Hoogle

Guru
however avoid having all your brushes loaded at once i have my brushes in categories here is an example
View attachment 4970
I know where all my brushes are at any 1 time

Vafann

Guru
Thank you for your quick reply, but I don´t understand. I have tried to for example unzip them to a folder on my desktop, but that doesn´t seem to work, I still have to go into the whole chain of places until I get to the Photoshop files and then use the folder that is already made there for brushes. Where do you keep that lovely brush orgaization thing you have there? How do make something like that?

Vafann

Guru
Thank you for the video! but it´s still not what I mean, maybe I´m not explaining right :). I know how to load the brushes into Photoshop once they are in the "Brushes file" that comes with the installation thing in photoshop. What I mean is, getting them into that file in the first place is a real hassle. Once I have downloaded a zip file with brushes for example, I am asked to state where I want the file to be unzipped to. It seems that if I don´t unzip them to the premade photoshop brush file, I can´t get them into photoshop the way you just showed in your video.

It´s getting into that file that I find a hassle, To unzip them to premade photshop brushes file I have to go to the start menu, and then Computer/ users/ Library or something/ something else that I don´t remember/ then Roaming/ something else/ Adobe/ something/ brushes. Once I have gotten the brush set inte there, then I can load them to photoshop like you showed. This takes like forever, and then to open a new set of brushes, I have to do the whole thing all over again.

I know this sounds confusing, it is because I am confused and think that I must be doing something wrong because it can´t be that much trouble just to load some brushes. I have CS3 if that has anything to do with it. :)

Hoogle

Guru
yes it seems you have to load all the abr files into cs3 brushes folder it seems only cs4 and cs5 can load them from anywhere try and download abr viewer and see if that will do it for you mixed comments say yes and some say no

Vafann

Guru
Oh, ok, sigh, thank you! I will try the abr viewer, I suppose I can find that by googeling it. :)

Hoogle

Guru
alsdo lets you save images of a brush set for a quick reference if you want to see what a brush looks like excellent program