What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eden

SMOk3

Power User
Can any of you good members cast your judgement upon this please.
I've spent a couple of hours back and forth and came up with this.

Cheers

Attachments

• eden.png
    eden.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Looks pretty solid as far as perspective and composition. Light sources are different for all items..that's something that's hard to correct in Photoshop...more on the choice of images.

Nice, keep working on it...
One major mistake...the light source is in the back so your island and track should not be illuminated since they are on the dark side.
Also the added items are way to saturated

Last edited:
I've never been quite certain as to why so many Photoshop newbies are fascinated with the floating island effect. Most of them are usually within a planets atmosphere and not out in open space.

The lighting is the main problem as Eggy pointed out, along with the saturation. The tracks look odd with the stone material below it, maybe if it were only the rails and cross-ties it would look better.

Your off to a great start! Keep on practicing!

Looks pretty solid as far as perspective and composition. Light sources are different for all items..that's something that's hard to correct in Photoshop...more on the choice of images.

Correcting light and shadows is something that i'm going to have to do a lot more studying on, and
taking notice of, as I seem to over look it on a number of occasions. Thanks for pointing it out.

Nice, keep working on it...
One major mistake...the light source is in the back so your island and track should not be illuminated since they are on the dark side.
Also the added items are way to saturated

I've always been one of these people that think "The bolder the better" but in PS I now know this is not the correct attitude to have
and will try to keep it more natural. Cheers for the information.

I've never been quite certain as to why so many Photoshop newbies are fascinated with the floating island effect. Most of them are usually within a planets atmosphere and not out in open space.

The lighting is the main problem as Eggy pointed out, along with the saturation. The tracks look odd with the stone material below it, maybe if it were only the rails and cross-ties it would look better.

Your off to a great start! Keep on practicing!

To be honest i'm not sure how I came about with the "Floating Island". As I had started off with the train tracks and somehow ended up with that.
Regarding the tracks, I was unsure to even have them in the final image.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to look at my image; along with your valid points, and things that needed correcting....onwards and upwards within the learning curve arena.

Here is another with some minor adjustments.

eden2.png

Back