What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Edit a graphic please!

solitude_10

I think for you insane photoshoppers this might be easy. I want to change the NBA graphic to say SOLI on it insane of NBA. I also want it to have a transparent background and everything else the same. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

nba-logo.png

I would like to help you, but I am apprehensive about changing a logo which maybe copyrighted.
Hence, I provide you a better resolution free download transparent logo here:
NBA-Logo-PNG-Transparent-Image1.png
...and also provide you the Blue colour background with requested text here:
NBA-Logo-PNG-Transparent-Image2.png

Hope that helps. If you need to edit, the font used is a free one and is called NBA Mavericks.

Just letting you know, there's absolutely no doubt that this logo IS copyrighted. There has been a question raised about allowing such a request.

Editing a logo is not prohibited on the forum. The forum itself is not responsible for what an OP does with an edited logo. There could possibly be some responsibility of an individual PSG forum user/member who edits a copyrighted logo in one of these requests, but this is unlikely. But this decision is left entirely up to the PSG members as to whether or not they wish to do such an edit.

The forum would be responsible if it allowed a request asking to edit or remove a logo, Trademark, or any other type of copyright notice from a PHOTO or IMAGE! This type of request is not allowed.

The question was also raised about editing copyrighted images (leaving copyright notice intact). These types of requests are allowed and happen ALL THE TIME on this forum. Even though this can be viewed as infringement, the copyright laws are malleable when it comes to this matter. In the free section, what the OP does with an altered/edited copyrighted image is their responsibility and they would be held legaly liable for any unlawful use of the altered copyrighted image. Prime example would be the "Space Jam Logo" edits. Editing this NBA logo is no different than editing a space jam logo. It would be astronomically rare for a core PSG member who performs this type of edit to be tracked down and included in a legal action. You actually take a substantially higher risk of legal liability if and when you accept payment for editing/altering a copyrighted image! There is some difference between a free and paid edit. The primary difference being amateur and professional status. If you are paid for an edit on a copyrighted image, the common argument of "I didn't know what the requestor was going to do with the edited image" is void since, as a paid professional, you are reasonably expected to know that editing/altering a copyrighted image is unlawful. Your responsibility is to determine who owns the copyright to the image your are being paid to alter.

This subject is always an ongoing discussion in the forum.

Back