What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Effect Replication

RUINS

Hi Gurus, I have been working on trying to create an effect that resembles the image I have attached.
I have been trying to figure out how I can achieve this accurately so that it does not look "effecty". I like the analog feel this art work has which is probably near impossible to recreate.
I have tried to create this in illustrator but there are just so many subtleties in the light and shadows which i am not as experienced in as the original artist (Karel Martens).

Any advice, ideas or even programs outside of CS6 any one could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Jake

Attachments

• 9789077459980_full_color_karel_martens_500.jpg
    9789077459980_full_color_karel_martens_500.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 21

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello. How did you solve your problem? It would be nice for others to know who may be seeking an answer to a similar problem. Thanks.

RUINS

Hi IamSam, well I kind of cheated. What I ended up doing was I used a different program to blow my image up and in that program you can tweak how the pixels will behave, I would tell you the site I went to but it could seem as though I'm advertising it. any way once I had my image I remade that in illustrator so i had a vector version and tweaked it from there to get it perfect. sorry if this isn't much help. anyone can private message me if they need the site and I will give you further directions from there.