What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elements 12=stop resizing when placing photo into a document..??

robiss

I have both elements 9 & 12... my problem only happens w/v.12... when I drag/drop an image from photo bin, the image is ALWAYS resized to the size of the host document... both images are same resolution... I've tried re-setting preferences; & re-booting pc... no option to turn this off (??)... I've spent HOURS trying different images... resizing, etc... I have Element v.9 (different pc) which works fine... my next step is to re-install v.12... any other ideas..??

example... open a 400x600 image (72 dpi) either new or existing file... open another 1200x2400 image (72 dpi)... drag-drop image 1 from the photo bin to image 2; but it resizes it to 1200 vertical..??.. I can then resize it; but I wanted it at 100% originally

I'm quite sure this v.12 didn't do this previously... I've been using it for over a year... I really don't want to re-install it if I don't have to

thanks for any help... Robert