What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emboss an image onto a background convincingly

Adamhumbug

What i am wanting to do is make the logo on the leather background embossed. I would also like to give it a more leathery look. i have uploaded the background and an example of what i would like it to look something like.

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

Adam

Attachments

• Creed.jpg
    Creed.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 4120050368_da7b02d4fe_z.jpg
    4120050368_da7b02d4fe_z.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 34
you will need a leather texture image and then copy a selection of the logo on a layer above the leather texture then go to bevel and emboss play with the settings in my example I added a slight stroke to give it some depth. I also changed the colours by putting another copy of the leather texture above the logo and creating a clipping mask darkening it slightly and lowering the opacity so you still get a hint of the texture on the logo.
Creed.png

However that is just a technique not a final image you will need to spend a bit more time and tidy it up if you wanted a high resolution version

I would upload a psd where all the colouring is adjustable with a few slider bars if you just wanted to work of that maybe to lighten the logo a bit more I just prefereed the darker version and was expecting to upload a psd but it is 80Mb in size so not worth it

Back