What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Enhance and resize

Zachram74

I would like this picture’s resolution to be changed to 1600 x 900 and would be grateful if it’s quality could be increased40D14EE0-7DB8-4CAD-856C-FF14DBFF5BCF.jpeg

coral

hi babine
could you please tell me what kind of interpolation and enhancement you used for the picture?

Babine

Guru
hi babine
could you please tell me what kind of interpolation and enhancement you used for the picture?

Using Photoshop CC, I followed these steps before using denoise (Topaz plugin) on a duplicate layer and applied it selectively (in particular to the background) with a mask. From there, I applied sharpening (in both Darken and Lighten modes) to additional duplicates, again, applied with masks to better control the effect.
Hope this helps.

thebestcpu

Guru
Just for comparison, here is the image upsized through Topaz Gigapixel. Not bad for near zero effort.
John Wheeler
maxresdefault-6x.png

thebestcpu

Guru
The only other thing I did was start with a slightly higher resolution image I found with google images. Other then that, no other adjustments that using Gigapixel.
The image below is the before on top and the after on the bottom at full starting and ending resolution. The top image is what I pulled off the internet directly and I took that directly into Gigapixel and showed the enlarged image on bottom. No other prior adjustments. I saved as PNG at full resolution for easy comparison.
I also believe it is a good result yet Gigapixel does well on some images and horrible on others. Have to learn which types it does well with.
John Wheeler

side-by-side-gigapixel.png

Babine

Guru
The only other thing I did was start with a slightly higher resolution image I found with google images. Other then that, no other adjustments that using Gigapixel.
The image below is the before on top and the after on the bottom at full starting and ending resolution. The top image is what I pulled off the internet directly and I took that directly into Gigapixel and showed the enlarged image on bottom. No other prior adjustments. I saved as PNG at full resolution for easy comparison.
I also believe it is a good result yet Gigapixel does well on some images and horrible on others. Have to learn which types it does well with.
John Wheeler

View attachment 99632
Thank you.