What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Enhancing image quality

mikiw

Hi guys!

I want to have a wallpaper (as on the actual 2,5m x 2,5m wall) with the Middle Earth map. The problem is I cannot find good enough image that would look well in such format. The best I could find is an attached file and my question to you; would this be possible to enhance it somehow? So it looks a bit more... "sharp" when zoomed.

Have a nice day all of you!

Edit: Well I actually cannot attach the image as it is too big (19MB). So maybe if someone would like to give it a try just please leave a comment and I'd try to provide the file in another way.

mikiw

I haven't. Sorry I'm not really familiar with this whole area. How do I operate on those .svg sites?

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @mikiw
You can click on the link and it goes to the exact web page where you can download various versions of the map.
Attached is a PNG version of the map which is B&W. Not sure this is the exact map you want or not.
If yes, do you know how you are going to create the wallpaper with what exact dimensions and what resolution. Do you need help with this decision.
The SVG version is vector format which means a very fine resolution can be created at any size.
So with more specifications of what you need to get you end goal of the wallpaper and I bet forum members would be able to help.
The PNG file below is for reference
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

PS - If you need to upload your own file and it is too big, place it on a file/image sharing site and post the link to the file.

MIddle Earth.png

thebestcpu

Guru
You still not specify the pixels dimensions desired so just improved your image and saved as a PNG.

The full size image is at: Crisper Middle Earth

A 50% sized version is shown below for reference
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

crsiper middle earth 50% size.png