What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eternity's phase ... jubilee special

smoke

Power User
My biggest and so far hardest and most time consuming project to celebrate 1 year Ps's experience. It is a bit more than a year since I joined this fabulous site with its helpful members and here I used all techniques tips n tricks absorbed so far.
used more than 20 different pictures 40+ brushes
time taken: 17h around quarter of it was stock hunting
original size: 4288 x 5669 px *.psd size: 373,4 mb
Most of time was consumed by drawing micro details :cheers:

Let me know if you have an opinion for improvement. :thumbsup:

Hope you like it ;)

elementz-900-x1200.jpg

P.S. please view full sized.

Last edited:
LOOKS like you had some serious fun with that, Smokey. congrats! To critique one man's passion's is like pulling one's own tooth, not a good idea........ it is your rendition if you like it, that's all that matters. I think it looks cool!

Very nice! Do you have a real job? Lot of time to indulge in something that doesn't make money (humm..look who's talkin here as I slap myself)

Excellent Smoke!No improvements needed!

Beauty! I'm glad you suggested viewing at full size. It reminds me of some of the first fantastic compositions I saw in the PS5 book that I used. I was amazed and envious!

My only critique is the intensity of the hand. It seems just a bit vivid, even compared to the brightest, most intense colors of any other part of the work. But that is the only thing which seems off to me. Otherwise, it's great.

What a super way to celebrate your anniversary! Congratulations on your one year, "paper" anniversary, done without any paper at all!

Thank You all. Glad you like.
to ALB Laser Engraver: my job is far from arts and computers. It hobby and enthusiasm.
to Clare: help me out with this please! As far as i watch - it's vibrancies looks ok. How ever I'm wondering can it be my monitor? I'm using Abobe RGB in color settings preset mode witch makes my colors more warm and calm.
didn't tried to experiment with monitor calibrations yet (as do know nothing about it yet)

done screenshot of my psd file opened with picture viewing program and it seems more sharp and less contrast. Does this difference means that my monitor needs calibration?
elementz-900-x1200resize .jpg bandymas-resize resize.jpg

is there any difference when i save it through 'save for web' and changing Preview mode?

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't know. I only use web & devices for animated gifs (for the most part). For the web, I just size and save as jpeg or png. I feel you have more control, though this is probably an illusion. Just works for me.

If your second shot above is the screen capture, then it looks really drab. The vibrance overall of the image sits fine with me. It is only the gold hand. It seems to stand out - literally - more than it should. IK it's a focal point, but at the moment, it is screaming, "seeme, see me."

But as you know, this is just my opinion and everyone knows opinions are like --------; everybody has one. So get some more opinions on this matter and judge for yourself. Ultimately, it's your artistic sensibility and what you want the composite to portray. Not mine.

thanx clare for your opinion and help. here I have the desaturated hand edition. :D look better to me to. :)

P.S. when i save through 'save as' picture becomes drab as you described and it's not as i see it i photoshop, thats why im using save for web. it also lets you crop it in wanted size as well.

sesaturated-to-psg.jpg

okay.. decease the shadows a bit (opacity levels)....... make them less apparent

That's much better Smoke, IMHO. If you meant the shadows on the hand iDad; if they're part of the hand drawing, then smoke would have to decrease them using a low opacity brush on a mask. If they're added then that's easy, like you said. They are a bit strong, but that doesn't bother me. I think they are just bold which the whole image certainly is.

That's much better Smoke, IMHO. If you meant the shadows on the hand iDad; if they're part of the hand drawing, then smoke would have to decrease them using a low opacity brush on a mask. If they're added then that's easy, like you said. They are a bit strong, but that doesn't bother me. I think they are just bold which the whole image certainly is.

I was actually referring to the shadows on the triangular shaped top items, but that is only a preference scenario

this hand! I was seeking pure gold effect witch reflecting light but ..... that's on my agenda to be improved. shadows r part of drawing as i used custom made filter.
original idea was to keep hand most contrast and vivid as center of attention. Looks like i pushed it bit to far. Will try to reduce shadows.
Thanx Clare n iDad
will report on progress.

lowered shadows of shapes fx drop shadow opacity from 50% to 20%
soft brushed hand over shadows with light orange.
how it looks now?
totally lost my own opinion about my work. lol.
bandymas-3-psg.jpg

Would increase opacity a little bit more can't see shadow at all now a slight hint of orange is there though

LOL!

I think it's great though I do agree with iDad that you went a bit too far. You have what? 18 hours in it now? Put it aside for awhile. You made some beautiful image. If you want to add more highlights to the hand at some point, practice on it in a separate document and use the lighting effects filter choices. Those can be pretty cool, and I think that though this effect has few applications, this kind of image is one of them.

Keep up the good work.

Back