What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting a logo with transparent background!

Gillian

Hello,

I have tried 10 times now and all I am trying to do is remove a white background to a logo and export so that the background is transparent. Every time I remove the background and export and open, it shows up with the white background again. Please help! I know this is simple and driving me nuts.

I'm using CS5.1
Thanks !

Gillian

When removing a background should I be doing something else before saving to insure that the background doesn't show up?

save as png, instead of jpg
if you're saving as gif, make sure to check the transparent background option
hide the white background layer before saving
make sure your image viewer doesnt have a white background

I mean I deleted the white background.... how do you hide it? I did try the gif with transparent background option and still the same issue.

YOU DID A LOGO? and don't know how to make it transparent? How many layers you do?

I didn't make the logo- just trying to get rid of the white background. so there is 1 layer.

I tried saving as a gif with the transparency option checked and still coming up with a white background when I open on my desktop....

oow, use the magic wand tool for a messy but quick result
or use the pen tool to trace the logo

then just cut out the selectio n

Back