What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting or Saving for InDesign after creating in Photoshop CS2 ?

Acknowledged74

Hi

I have created a design mainly using dingbat fonts in Photoshop CS2 and want to save it (I think as a TIFF) for use in InDesign CS5.

I have tried but when I 'place' to TIFF image in InDesign the quality looks terrible, can someone please advice on what i might be doing wrong?

The documnet has been created as 600dpi, A5 so 21cm x 14.8cm and I have the colour set for CMYK.

When I'm saving the file I'm offered TIFF options, including image compression, for which I have chosen JPG and Maximum quality 12, I've attached a screenshot of the TIFF options.

As I say any help you can provide who be greatly appreciated, the design if for a brochure and it needs to be as clear as the software will allow.

Regards

Ash

Attachments

• TIFFsave.gif
    TIFFsave.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 7

Hoogle

Guru
I would say your dpi is way to high maybe 72 or 300 maximum for a5

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried placing the PSD file into InDesign, instead of saving it out as a TIF?

Acknowledged74

You can actually just use the psd file and that will have the 300/600dpi quality for printing ?

First time I've heard this.