What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extract Text & Graphics

KME

Looking for help on how to extract text (EXACT fonts) & graphics from a wedding invitation so that it can be printed onto metal.

Below shows what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered :)Metal Invitation.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Hello:
Primarily, this is a very low resolution scan so the image is very blurry. It would be highly difficult if not impossible to pull a sharp enough image from it that a printer will be able to reproduce on any substrate.
If this is the exact item you want to reproduce, then I'd suggest a high res scan that you can submit to the printer. That would be your best choice.
If you want to change the copy, then your best resource is to have the type reset.
Possibly someone can identify the fonts, reset the type, and supply a graphic to match. You can also try the paid forum where a member might be able to help you with a small fee.
Sincerely wish I could help. But there may still be someone here on this forum that might have another solution.
- Jeff

KME

Thanks for the response. I would definitely use a high resolution image. The image attached to my message was just an example of what I am trying to accomplish.

Is there a way to extract the text & graphics without having to manually recreate the design?

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
No. Not without appropriate rework. It is easier to recreate the text.

Of course, OCR software could be used - but its recognition and export options are usually limited.

Handwriting and "texts on a path" are often not recognized at all - therefore manual work is necessary, which again negates the advantage of automatic text recognition.
In addition, the files are usually output as PDF so editing in Photoshop is not possible and you would have to switch to programs like AI, Acrobat, etc.

JeffK

Guru
...The image attached to my message was just an example of what I am trying to accomplish....
Is there a way to extract the text & graphics without having to manually recreate the design?

I'm curious - if the image attached is just an example, and you plan to change the copy, why do you need to "extract" the exact text and graphics? If you could, what would you do with it?
- Jeff

Last edited: