What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye of the Wild

Raven

Power User
;) I remember the evil eye tute -- so thought I'd post this one I did quite a while back along that vein to join in with the current eye theme going on here.......
(used a pic of my own eye then painted layers, adjustments and greenery -- at the time I was using PS LE and PS7)

jonbalza

That TOTALLY reminds me of the movie "Species." (Or at least the alien in it.)

Were you going for a painterly feel with this one, or more of a photo-realistic one?

Sean

Guru
Thats great Raven! :perfect: I remember using PS LE from one of my friends, then I got addicted and got PS 6.

Raven

Power User
:D Thanks Jon! "Species" ? Oh yeah! I guess it may have a bit of that feel to it. Mostly my stuff usually has more of a painterly quality to it when doing PS works of just imaginary things like this, and on purpose = I like my works to look "different," I wasn't trying for photorealism...even when I use 3d apps I find I often take the images later and do more of a painting with them. In PS I always do a lot of painting on layers which is just something I enjoy doing (my background is as a painter in traditional media, I enjoy taking photo "snapshots" too but am not a photography expert by a long shot. I do some astrophotography with telescope equipment, but that's a whole different ball game).

:D Thanks too Patrick! Yeah, it was a freebie version of PS LE which got me interested in PS (my very first art app, though, was Xara X which is a vector drawing app = one I still use and enjoy a great deal), then an offer came for PS7 and I was "hooked" on PS, and now I use it along with everything else in the tool box, I think of it for all postwork, texturing, just "painting" images, etc. etc. = it's better than sliced bread! :D