What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eyes are tough. Any Eye pro's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nearly brand new to photoshop (started yesterday). I've spent about the last 12 hours watching tutorials and practicing with this picture, but their eyes are giving me the toughest time! I think the shapes and angles are off, and the lighting? I dont know, they look like they are dazed or something, when I want them to have piercing eyes. Anyone have any tips and/or wanna take a stab at it?

Here is the before and after of what i've done so far:

Attachments

• Book Cover3.jpg
    Book Cover3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • needs eyes fixed.jpg
    needs eyes fixed.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 0

colleague

Guru
I would sharpen the eyes with unsharp mask
lighten up some parts by drawing with a white brush on a new layer with blendingmode "soft light"
add some color by drawing with an orange brush on a new layer with blendingmode "color"
and end with a little dodge and burn

Attachments

• eyes.gif
    eyes.gif
    315 KB · Views: 15
I would sharpen the eyes with unsharp mask
lighten up some parts by drawing with a white brush on a new layer with blendingmode "soft light"
add some color by drawing with an orange brush on a new layer with blendingmode "color"
and end with a little dodge and burn

I like what you've done, and maybe I should have specified, but the top picture was the before picture. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.