What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Face Swap

Hello everyone! :)

Can Someone "Copy" The Reference´s Face Paint And Match/"Paste" It As Accuratelly And Realistically As Possible To The Subject´s Face?

Well, almost four days now i was tryong to recreate caveiras face maks from rainbow six siege (fans will understand XD) to the subject's (my) face. But I can see how hard is to recreate the paint and shaders. But why not just copy the mask and properly and realistically warp and adjust it? Well, can someone do it for me please? x) I'm new to photoshop :p . Heres my save (so you can easily remove the old mask): https://ufile.io/td94u
maxresdefault.jpg
boiho.jpg
Thanks!!

fogo00

Power User
This would be much easier if you sent us your original pic, before putting the black paint on it

JJLAPIN

Guru
Why would you copy the reference image and paste it onto yours, what part of this new image is going to be you?:thinking:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why would you copy the reference image and paste it onto yours, what part of this new image is going to be you?:thinking:
That's what I told him HERE.
Your just adding a copied face to a bad body reference, you won't be able to recognize the original subjects face. It would be better to just add face paint to the subjects face.

fogo00

Power User
Hello everybody

First off, if someone is doing this, here is a high quality version of the pic (its from a video, and I screenshot it myself

Attachments

• maxresdefault (7).png
    maxresdefault (7).png
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
Yes but what if we adjusted it properly enough to match my face´s shape and changing it's blend mode to something so it wont just be a "copy" of the references face. I just need the paint and the eyes will not be included.
OOhh and thanks for the HD version! :)
IMG_20171111_110545.jpg

fogo00

Power User
here is the problem. i dont think there is such blend mode since you want it to be darker in some places and brighter in others. Overlay would make it more contrasty and you'd have to fill in the blanks, but maybe it works. normal blending may also work, depending on how its used.

I tried to directly copy the mask and separated it into to different (defuse maps?). One with the dark paint and the other with the lighten blend mode. The first step is to try and correctly warp the paint, which I failed and I tried warp and puppet warp. Then.... I dont know.. I guess the glossy features would be the next step and the ligting... Any help please?? :/
ScreenShot_20171115171030.png
Im not sure how to continue it, but Im pretty sure that it can be done :p
Hhmm are most of the things needed to do hand maded-painted??
Thanks!

That's what I told him HERE.
Your just adding a copied face to a bad body reference, you won't be able to recognize the original subjects face. It would be better to just add face paint to the subjects face.

Why is it possible that MasterYocheese is just wasting our time in this forum?

Like you Sam, I'm a very patient person and like to help with my knowledge.
But this member just strains our nerves with his unreasonable and selfish behavior.

Wowowowow I'm sorry guys I didn't knew that I was annoying to you I thought you were ok with this project :(
Sorry for wasting your time..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wowowowow I'm sorry guys I didn't knew that I was annoying to you I thought you were ok with this project.
Sorry for wasting your time..
We have more than clearly stated that this project is probably a waste of YOUR time. Yet you insist on perusing it. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but with your reference photo that is so far from the sample image in lighting, that it would take great effort to achieve poor results. The face paint from the sample image can't be copied and placed on the reference image as you seem to think it can without making the reference subject unrecognizable.......which defeats the purpose. You could add face paint to the reference photo, but due to the lighting, it will never be "EXACT" as you have suggested it must be.

As it is now with the poor reference photo, this is a project that is beyond your ability. Speaking only for myself, it's also one that I don't want to do for you. Too much work. You need to regroup and try your best to take a better reference photo, in higher resolution and more accurate lighting. This will give you a better starting point so that you might succeed in getting satisfying results. It will never be exactly like the original painting. You need to understand this.

OMG THATS FREAKIN PERFECT!!! :0000
Wooow maaan amazing work thanks!!!
Jesus how did you do that! :D
I guess now its a lot easier to work with. Time for some bloom and lighting (going to try tomorrow some paints)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work fogo00, this is exactly what I meant when I said, "It would be better to just add face paint to the subjects face."

fogo00

Power User
Thank you IamSam.
I did this by taking the photo, using warp to kinda match his face and put it over the subject with 80% fill on the HARD LIGHT blending mode. then, i took the original picture again, and used the mouth on a separate layer (80% fill and hard light again). after that, I just use a black layer to make his nose black, and applied a 0 saturation layer all over his face to make sure there were no gaps and to fill a bit of his forehead/neck (a bit of it was also used so the eyes didn't look so off, and so I had to completely erase it from the iris, a bit from the corners and darkened his pupils a bit). finally, I applied a greenish tone through a curves layer and used a hue/saturation layer to bring his skin tone back
Hope

Last edited: