What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Football Logo - $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerFalcon

Hello,

I'm interested in a logo *and* poster/banner package deal for $20. Specifically, they will be used for a fantasy football team. The logo can be simple, given that it's small and therefore can't have much detail to be legible. The name of my team is "The Stepfathers" and I'd like to do a play on The Godfather movie poster for the poster/banner, while a clean logo using the letters "SF" will be fine. Instead of the Don in the logo, I'd like some pig of a stepfather, wearing a tank-top, holding a beer, and holding his hand in the air, as if he's prepared to slap someone/something. I'm open to alternative ideas, but that's what I'm thinking as of now. For the logo, I'm open to artistic interpretation regarding how to do the SF letters, but anything with a bottle, fist, knife, etc. will be appropriate given the theme I'm going for.

And it's dark humor, I know, but it's for smack-talking purposes in an all-guy league.

For a visual idea of what I'm wanting/needing, here are a couple of pictures:

Here's how logos appear on the league homepage:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psf23b67bf.png

Here's an example of how a poster/banner appears on a specific team's home page:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps3d3fb6f0.png

I don't think it necessarily has to be *that* specific shape, as specific dimensions aren't specified. I'll just say that the max size of each of the two is 300 kb.

Last edited:

BlazerFalcon

@spruce: You can use that or the suggestion regarding the movie poster. Regarding the logo/movie cover you posted, I don't mind it at all. However, it would have to be tweaked for it to relate to abusive stepfathers...and I'm not quite sure how to do that *and* stay true to the pic you posted.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Spruce posted the image as an example of a logo. It really does not pertain to your request. I can understand the confusion. What your describing is not exactly a logo.

BlazerFalcon

I can see his image now. And yup, you're right. Apologies.

According to the league site, we can have both an "icon" and a "logo", with the "logo" being the larger of the two.

Here's an example of how "icons" appear on the league home page:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LeftwichQB7/ScreenShot2014-06-04at15939AM_zpsf23b67bf.png

Here's an example of how a "logo" appears on a specific team's home page:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...5-5e64-4d07-9f34-58a00ad4072c_zps3d3fb6f0.png

I suppose I'd mainly like a "logo", with the detail I described in my original post. The "icon" can be simpler (like the pic Spruce posted) given that it'll be significantly shrunk down to be displayed on the home page.

Lastly, I'll say that dimensions don't seem to matter - the only restriction is on size, with 300kb being the largest for an upload. I can also use a link for the icon/logo, though I'm unsure if the 300kb restriction still applies then.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Icons and logos are not determined by their size, it's a matter of design.
In your first example, from top to bottom, you have a logo, a poster, and a small image.
In your second example you have 3 (copyrighted) logos on a banner.

The only importance of making a determination will be in the amount/price/cost of final product, despite what you call it. Your $10.00 budget may fall short.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No this thread is fine. I'm certain someone will come along to help you out with this edit.

BlazerFalcon

Willing to pay more, if necessary. Let me know what you'd be looking for, compensation wise, to perform the job.

Thanks,
BF

Status
Not open for further replies.