What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback for medieval game startscreen

Burned Ice

Power User
Hey guys

I have a school assignment where we have to make a medieval game start screen with a title and three buttons, I was wondering if I could have any feedback
things I still have to change: The gold ornament around each button needs to be improved (as in, replacing the image with a shape, we're obliged to do so), also the gold bevel is not very convincing yet.
Due to the nature of the assignment, the background cannot be too complex (the complexity it has right now is fine).
Lab09_AssignmentLayout.jpg

thanks in advance ! :)

Last edited:
Very cool work Burned Ice.

I cleaned the colors of the buttons, and placed a shadow behind them.
I sharpened the BG a little, and added some color to the hands.

Hope you don't mind that I used your image to show you what I mean.

Lab09_AssignmentLayout chrisdesign.jpg

Thanks chris! I have applied your feedback and have made some more shapes + repositioning.
Last things on my todo list are highlights and finishing shapes, maybe toying with the "Kväll" text some more.
Lab09_AssignmentLayout.jpg

Looks good but personally I would make the tail on the A a bit smaller. It makes the V look to much like a Y

Just an idea but looks pretty good.

Sorry I did not see your reply sooner, I'm gonna upload my most recent version now and then off to catch up some sleep, been sleep deprived since I sacrificed time to watch the new star wars yesterday night :D

Lab09_AssignmentLayout3.jpg

Back