What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Few questions about next affiche..

Windows7

Power User
Hi,

Here's the affiche:

278840_2168060691886_1557766905_32233984_41083501_o.jpg

My questions are:

-How to make a soft contrast around a seperate image like on nr.1?It's like a edged away or something?

-My second question is how he made a font type with kind of nails in it like on nr.2?I never seen it before.And the font right under it "mma.. "with blood IN it like on nr.4?I can make blood spatters on letters but i didn't see this with BLOOD IN IT!?

-Then how he made the "red effect" on the Romanian pilars like on nr.3?

Thank you,

Hi Windows7

Welcome back.

- first of all if you are referring to low contrast image then you can use a adjustments layer => selective color, select color play whit the sliders, you will get a nice soft like color effects.

- The font could be something like this Screwed AOE whit a gradient overlay, other ways, it could be any other font and some screws or nails pasted over the characters.

- the bloody text seems to be this font Yurine Overflow whit some layer fx like outer glow, and some bevel and emboss, plus some overlay texture over the font.

The pillars could some brushes like this Column Brushes or some vectors.

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Hi Windows7

Welcome back.

- first of all if you are referring to low contrast image then you can use a adjustments layer => selective color, select color play whit the sliders, you will get a nice soft like color effects.

- The font could be something like this Screwed AOE whit a gradient overlay, other ways, it could be any other font and some screws or nails pasted over the characters.

- the bloody text seems to be this font Yurine Overflow whit some layer fx like outer glow, and some bevel and emboss, plus some overlay texture over the font.

The pillars could some brushes like this Column Brushes or some vectors.

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Thank you very much man and you helped with the half of my questions but still there are a few where i can't find a solution for and that is for example:eek:k the blood font is good but how can i make the splatters red?It's not that easy!

My compliments to the maker of this poster because that guy just knows what he's doing and damn man you really have to be creative to make something like that!

Once you got you text whit the blood drops font, rasterize the type, select the raterized text layer to make it active and select only the blood drops by SELECT > COLOR RANGE "highlights", "that will select only the drops" from there just fill the selection whit a dark shade of red, add some bevel and emboss to give it the 3d look and you are done.

Once you got you text whit the blood drops font, rasterize the type, select the raterized text layer to make it active and select only the blood drops by SELECT > COLOR RANGE "highlights", "that will select only the drops" from there just fill the selection whit a dark shade of red, add some bevel and emboss to give it the 3d look and you are done.

That's weird.. i did what you said but it even select from other layers too?

It still doesn't work after i rasterized it man.. it selects other things too when i thick "highlights".. . I just can't make the splashes red..

Since Using color selections seems to be a little difficult, i've tried using another approach, this time using a layer filled whit dark red color, set to multiply mode, and applied layer mask to get rid of all the color except on the blood drips itself, is a bit time consuming but it will get you there, as the example below.

bloody_text.jpg

Also added the PSD file to be used as reference.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• bloody_text.psd
    304.4 KB · Views: 14
Since Using color selections seems to be a little difficult, i've tried using another approach, this time using a layer filled whit dark red color, set to multiply mode, and applied layer mask to get rid of all the color except on the blood drips itself, is a bit time consuming but it will get you there, as the example below.

View attachment 5878

Also added the PSD file to be used as reference.

Hope this helps.

Hey man.. thank you for the psd document but honestly.. it's arabic to me what you did in it.. :s:s:s It's far above my ps skills man!

What i don't understand is what are the two blue horizontal lines?And how did you do that?

Then,how did you coloured the left colum of the layers panel with different colors and the meaning of it?

Btw:what you did with "bevel and emboss" is hard to find.. .

Hi Windows7

-The two blue horizontal lines are just guides "Crtl+;" i've used those guides to position and align the text.

- the color on the layer icons "columns" as you mentioned is just for reference to me, because that way is easy to identify layer or group layers by using color IDs. "to use color ID on layers, position cursor over layer icon and right click it, then choose any color you want"

- I used the bevel and emboss to give the 3d dept effect on the text.

play around whit the different layers, hiding it or making it visible and you'll see, how every one of those are affecting the text and the final output.

Hope this helps, if there's any other questions, just ask, i'll be glad to help clearing some things up.

Hi Windows7

-The two blue horizontal lines are just guides "Crtl+;" i've used those guides to position and align the text.

- the color on the layer icons "columns" as you mentioned is just for reference to me, because that way is easy to identify layer or group layers by using color IDs. "to use color ID on layers, position cursor over layer icon and right click it, then choose any color you want"

- I used the bevel and emboss to give the 3d dept effect on the text.

play around whit the different layers, hiding it or making it visible and you'll see, how every one of those are affecting the text and the final output.

Hope this helps, if there's any other questions, just ask, i'll be glad to help clearing some things up.

Hi man,

Thank you very much but sorry man.. ,i don't have the skills to make something like this.. sorry.. i tried a few times but njet.. :frown:

Don't be sorry.

This is not a bad thing, just keep trying and experimenting whit it, it's just matter of time until you develop your own work style, that's why we are here, to learn and support each other, anything you need to know or have some doubts about something, just ask.

Just remember practice makes perfection, the more you try the more you learn. everybody has been there before, so there's not shame at all, you should be proud of yourself just for trying and learning something new, most people just give up, but if you really want to improve your skills just keep working on it, don't give up that easily.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in here, but i couldn't help but feel the life draining out of windows7 over this.
Mate deep breaths are not needed, just relax grab a drink and follow the steps Maximus as kindly laid down for you, go on whats it going to do?
We all hit this 'oh i can't do that' wall, all of us.
So chin up and no dramas mate.

Hi man.. i followed the steps with instructions on youtube.. :
and it's a very nice video but i have a problem and that is i made the bloodspatters red but with a red background and i don't know how to save only the letters WITHOUT the red background and only the black letters with the red blood spatters?

mma.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Windows7

The next step will be, isolating only the text as you mentioned, using "layer mask" so you can paint away all the red color on the background except the blood drips on the characters

Hope this helps.

Back