What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filling a path with your own texture

Lynny

Ok Guru's, how do you load you own textures so you can add them using the edit/fill command. Thanks

Also what does edit/fill/history do..... when do you use and and what for??

Lynny

wbiss

Guru
Lynny, to answer the first part of your question - first of all you have to create your own texture or pattern. Do so and then go Edit>Define Pattern. When you do this, it will be added to your "Pattern Picker" choices. The image below should be self-explanatory. ;) Take a close look at the "options" that are available.

As to the second part of your question, duh...I've never used this option before! [confused] ;\

Lynny

Thank you wbiss, I wonder how many things in PS we have never used.... I've been us PS for a year, and only really do photo editing in it, these paths are still new to me,
I still only have things happen by accident, and when I think oh cool, and try to do it again, can't usually do it, must have got an effect as part of a sequence, and forgotten a step somewhere....

Oh well anyone else know??

Lynny

Stroker

Power User
Clipping Groups?
I must admit that I'm a bit confused, but I think that's what you are looking for.

G

Only one thing I want to add Lynny; make sure that you create a rectangualr selection before you define a pattern.

theKeeper

Guru
Me too... i wanna add something here...

It should be noted that In PS 6&7 now, you do not have to preselect your pattern/canvas before defining it. And any transparency detected in the pattern will also get saved with it -- provided you hide your document's "Background" layer beforehand.

I was hoping Adobe would modify this function in this way, and they did. Which made me very happy. :D