What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filter for painting style from nazi propaganda posters

Anonymos

Hallo.

Is there a filter to make a photo look like this:
goo gl/PJqfX

I want to test, if I can manipulate this poster (with a german prominent).

Thanks...

Got to love the bold colours and dramatic sense of power, all based on the Roman Empire you know.

You may be able to get similar effects however but you will need some good knowledge on plugins that do sketch effects and then good knowledge on colouring effects in photoshop. If you are referring to the link Furio shared This has taken me 10 miniutes to do and no where near what you are looking for. hispanic_female_soldier_in_front_of_american_flag_bld040066.png

Thats because ALL propaganda posters from that time were hand painted NOT photographs.
I would try a slight blur with added grain effect, then drop the saturation a little just to get it right.

Also made this, original and new.

New one came about by doing a new layer all white pull opacity back to 60% then do another layer with a pattern on it (standard pattern) play with settings, lower opacity again, kind of close i think.

Just an example what you might be able to achieve with the help of a filter, some extra techniques and some manual work, because manual work IS required to get even close to that old look.

Attachments

• example1.jpg
    example1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
And to show that a haircut makes a major difference on how the person is perceived (time period), I've placed her face on one of these old posters:

Attachments

• 40s3.jpg
    40s3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 10
This would make a very nice tutorial here, i did post links to other differing versions, but as your a member here a tutorial from a member to other members would be very nice, if you have time that is?

Back