What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find stuff on layer through layers pane? (GoTo)

James Pyle

So is there a way to find the stuff that is on a layer through the layers pane?

For instance so I have a huge document with TONS of stuff all over it, and I want to be able to click a layer be it images or text and then it will find that stuff on the artboard?

Kind of like a reverse of what AutoSelect cursor does.

I know I can just click the layer, then select all or move it and see where it is but I am looking for something a little quicker for doing a lot of tasks on multiple layers, sort of a GoTo the art if you will.

Thanks in advance?

James Pyle

Yes. Turn the layer off and on to see what it affects on the canvas.

I should have put that in my post. I know of the ways like turning on and off, or selecting all, or any of those tricks. But this document is 8k x 8k and has small elements on it so when I am zoomed out I cannot see them via those methods.

I know I can hide all other layers also to find it, but this is tedious. I was just trying to find a more elegant solution (There may not be one)

Sorry for bad explanation.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know, the answer would be no. I have had the same problem, I just became better at organizing my layers.

James Pyle

As far as I know, the answer would be no. I have had the same problem, I just became better at organizing my layers.

10-4 :) it's working fine just trying to learn all the automation tricks I may not know, thanks for you answer!