What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding the Dimensions of an ASL or PAT file

DevelopingDesigner

I have a tileable pattern in both the ASL and PAT formats that I plan to use on a personal blog. I'm exporting all my graphics and would like to export the pattern in the smallest size possible (the size that the pattern image is). Does anyone know a way to extract the dimensions of the image stored in the ASL or PAT file?
Thanks,
DevelopingDesigner

Hi DevelopingDesigner

a pattern in ASL? you mean a layer style.

First of all you can't find the dimensions in a ASL "Adobe Layer style"file, cause is not a graphic, rather is an effects file. which affects the visual attributes of an object on PS.

Same thing whit patterns they are files, the difference is that the patterns are indeed small images that can be tiled repeatedly, but again there's no way you can determine a pattern original size, but you can set it to any size you'll need, meaning that you can USE,CREATE OR EDIT any pattern to fit your size and style needs.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot!
I'll just fill a selection to my needs, apply the layer style, and not worry too much about the size of the files. Thanks for your input and expertise!

Back