Glad to hear everything is under control and no one was seriously injured, Paul.
Just a day or two ago, we had a "Mayday" incident at the firehouse I work at. A multiple alarm house fire had started in the basement and the 1st floor gave out under one of our guys. Fortunately, he was not injured in the fall, was wearing his SCBA gear, and was pulled out of the hole in minutes.
The cause of the fire was an un-tended wood stove. For those of you currently in the middle of winter, this is a time to be especially careful with stoves, space heaters, candles, dry xmas trees, etc. Stay safe!