What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fixing a missing eye

MTG

I have been trying to fix this eye but I have been unable to make it look natural. I duplicated it flipped it horizontally, then I used the liquify tool. The main reason it is so hard to fix is because the child is slightly tilted n thee yes never look natural.

I need help making it look natural, any tips or ideas how I can fix it?

Attachments

• kid1.jpg
    kid1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum MTG.
What you are doing is on the right track, this is a quick version with some time and more blending it will be better

Copied good eye rotated it placed over repaired area on left, then i made a copy of just the white of the eye and moved that over slightly smudging in the white.
Like i said more time better results, good luck and show us what you have already.

kid1-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

Hey MTG, here are a few things I did that might help you out.

First I made a selection of the left eye, flipped it, and moved it into position.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 10.42.31 AM.png

I then masked out the eye and began blending with the Brush Tool.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 10.42.56 AM.png

The problem is that the flipped eye is now in the wrong position making our subject appear cross eyed.
The highlight is also backwards.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 10.44.00 AM.png

I set up a guide line to where I thought the eye should be and made a selection of the eye.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 10.46.00 AM.png

I then copied the eye selection to it's own layer.
I flipped the copy and did some positioning.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 10.46.59 AM.png

The rest was about blending the eye and I used several tools for this, Brush, Clone Stamp, and Blur tools.

Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 10.48.36 AM.png

Ultimately it came out looking like this.....

EyeRepair_02.png

I changed the eyebrow as to not match the other side. I still have a lot of work to do on this image before I would call it done.

I covered a lot of area here and If I missed something that you may have questions on, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Back