What's new

Floating Head

crzykate58

Hola! :cheesygrin:

i know the title isn't original, but had a lot of fun making this floating face! (side note, i updated the image from the original i posted on here because i kept looking at it, and i felt like it looked like the face was balding... idk, just seemed weird, so i added more cloud texture to incorporate the face better!)

Floating Head.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

crzykate58

Really nice work, how did you achieved the effect on the face?
i used the magnetic lasso tool to go around the edges of the face, to clean it up you can put a mask over the face and use a soft brush to clean up the edges. the original photo was too dark for me to use, so i had to play with the exposure and contrast, as well as the skin tone to make it better looking for when i turned it B&W. by the time i was done with the skin, the skin tone looked like this:

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 12.33.53 PM.png

Then i added a B&W, Levels, & Curves clipping mask, and the face came out like so:

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 12.46.31 PM.png

and THEN, for the final coloring and such, i added 3 different variations of color balance layers to the overall piece, and it made this coolio goldish pinkish redish thing:

Screen shot 2012-06-27 at 12.59.42 PM.png

ibclare

Queen Bee
I love it Kate. How'd you get him to pose? LOL.

I'm not for sure which is the first one and which the revised, but I like the first in the post, the top one, best. It has more dimension.

But why the text? I don't think it adds anything and actually detracts. Put it in a bottom corner maybe. Unless there is some esoteric reason for it to be there . . .

Nice work.

crzykate58

I love it Kate. How'd you get him to pose? LOL.

I'm not for sure which is the first one and which the revised, but I like the first in the post, the top one, best. It has more dimension.

But why the text? I don't think it adds anything and actually detracts. Put it in a bottom corner maybe. Unless there is some esoteric reason for it to be there . . .

Nice work.

Thanks Clare! ^_^

The top one is the revised version, and i totally agree, better dimension fo sho! and there's no real reason for the text haha i can take that off :D

crzykate58

And I got him to pose like that because i'm temporarily his semi boss hahahahaha! oh the power!! :devilish: lol

revised, no words ;)

Floating Head.jpg