What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frustrating Photoshop video on youtube need help please

house101

Hello all. I came across this video on youtube and I'm unsure how they created the initial layer mask. The mask seems to be its own layer which I can't seem to replicate. can anyone point me in the right direction as to how create this. Regards. All help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

This is a terrible tutorial.
As you have figured out, he never explains how he made the "mask"which is really a template. My guess is that he made it in Cinema 4D.

The template is only a black an white representation of the parts of the girl he will mask out later to show the cybernetic additions. You can make your own using the Pen Tool.

Create a new layer and fill with black. Place the layer below the girl layer.
Use the Pen Tool to outline the areas of the girl where the cyber implants will go. Fill them with white.

Back