What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun with knock-outs

Lee

Guru
This isn't my work but I liked it because it was something different than the normal "outside the image border" stuff you usually see. I thought others might like the creativeness, too.

42587.gif

Welles

Guru
Thanks for posting that, Lee! You're right, that's an excellent photo manip. I don't recall seeing anything quite like that before. Somebody was being clever. :B

ooptea

ok bere with me here. the background is just a gradiant map then they took the photo which i guess had the guy in it. cut him out and cut out the extra fence. then they did the picutre effect ( which i still cant do yet) added the 4-5 layers and tada. ( this is just to see if i am right about the steps taken to make this) (i hope to be able to duplicate this someday)

Welles

Guru
Yep you've got it pretty close, ooptea. Here's how I'd describe it. The background layer is a gradient. (A gradient map is a different thing) Next is the picture of the fence, distorted and a drop shadow added. Then comes the shadow layer which was a copy of the photographer filled with black (with transparency and probably multiply blend mode) and distorted on two planes to make it go first 'on' the ground plane and then 'up' the photo. The photographer was taken from another image. Finally a copy of the fence sections were taken from the photo and placed. It was very well and cleverly done.

dubya

Wow, nice work, Lee. Do you ever compete over at Worth1000? They have a contest every so often titled "Out of Bounds". Your piece is as good as any of the winners I've seen there.

Dub

Lee

Guru
Thanks, Dub. You just made my day, buddy..............................Unfortunately, it's not my work. I wish I had thought of that. I just saw it and thought you folks might enjoy something a little different, too.

If you'll send me $20 bucks for lessons I'll try and get better at this addition I have acquired called Photoshop.
[shhh] ............... [confused] ...................... ;)