What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Hope

I like it except I think the large blurry feather is not right because it is too large, and it is in front of very sharp letters, but blurred. Maybe it only seems too large because of the blurriness. The sharp feathers are maybe too sharp, yet you can't see the separate vanes.

You probably meant to create balance by making the area on the left wider so that the FH isn't centered, but I don't think it works. It isn't off-center enough. I think overall the sizes of things need to be rearranged and the blurriness vs. sharpness could be played with. Otherwise I really do like the composition, the colors, all the things that are winding around or flowing off of the letters, the v shaped feather above, and the spatters. Good going. Tx for sharing.

I agree with ibclare - really really nice!!!! Has a very ethereal feel....but the one large blurry feather is a little distracting from the rest of the design.

Thanks guys!

Yeah i think if i just move the larger feather out of the way a bit it'll probably make everything a little more fluid for sure. and i think the tiny feather close to the wording is a bit too sharp tbh.. i'll probably end up blurring that one a tiny bit as well. Thanks for the input ya'll! ^_^

I think it is better as to the layout.

What resolution are you working with? Are the feather brushes any more clear than they look here? My remaining issues are 1) your text is still slightly off center; 2) the feathers are unclear and the larger two have a magenta artifact around them which is not a good thing.

It looks like you are working at low resolution or you did not post a high enough resolution to adequately display your work.

i uploaded just the screenshot of it lol, and the feathers are a brush, they are pretty high res, i just blurred them myself. mostly because when you have a focal point, things that are not the focal area are generally blurred :) the artifacts i can erase, the feather brush for whatever reason had a slight square gray around them :( WHYYYYY BRUSHES?!?! WHYYY?!?! hahaha

hmm... honestly, i'm ok with the closest feather blurriness, but i'll make the ones a little further back a bit sharper :) i'll repost on monday when i get back to my work computer lol! Thanks for the help you guys! ibclair, thanks for catching stuff i overlook ^_^

Back