What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GeForce Experience hijacks ctrl +1, +2, +3 functionality.

ReMeDy

I was about to make a topic why my Photoshop's ctrl+1 "actual pixels" shortcut was magically no longer working, until I also noticed my ctrl+2 and ctrl+3 weren't working either! Thinking it was Photoshop, I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, reset my preferences, and even registered on this forum just to ask about it, lol.

I isolated the culprit to GeForce Experience, that had a recent update hijacking system wide control over those ctrl shortcuts. This is quite possibly one of the biggest goofs I've seen Nvidia put out, and I don't see how it got through testing, when you consider it also hurts players on Starcraft II, MMO's, and god knows how many other things we use the ctrl key for. Someone claims on Nvidia's site that they fixed it with the 3.1.0.52 update, but others are still confirming issues, as am I. I uninstalled GeForce Experience and sure enough it worked again. As of this topic, it's still not fixed, and it's been 13 days now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrToM

Guru
I'm using 3.0.7.34 and have no problems with PS shortcuts.

Not much help sorry, but you could try rolling back to an earlier (working) version.....do you really need the latest 'experience' anyway?

Most people do without it...probably for the reasons you are 'experiencing'.

Regards.
MrToM.

ReMeDy

I'm using 3.0.7.34 and have no problems with PS shortcuts.

Not much help sorry, but you could try rolling back to an earlier (working) version.....do you really need the latest 'experience' anyway?

Most people do without it...probably for the reasons you are 'experiencing'.

Regards.
MrToM.

3.0.7.34 is probably a working version, because I noticed the problem only about a week ago when I updated my drivers, which consequently must have updated my GeForce experience. I'll try rolling back to your version. For now then, do not update your software, lol.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
The only time I log into the GeForce Experience is when there's an update available after installing the update I make sure I'm logged out
Also disable this option found in settings
Untitled.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
Just remap the shortcuts in photoshop so that they use different keys, I also think you can remap them in geforce experience. Personally I use a logitech G13 gaming board it is like a mini keyboard but you can map macros to different keys and save profiles so they only work with selected programs. when I load up photoshop it detects it so will only run photoshop shortcuts on key entries, you can of course have global macros ie print screen etc, very customisable and ever since I have never had 2 programs interfering with each other.

admittedly I think I only paid about £60 for mine so shop around if your interested but this is what I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-9...-1&keywords=logitech+920-000947+g13+gameboard

ColdFrixion

I was about to make a topic why my Photoshop's ctrl+1 "actual pixels" shortcut was magically no longer working, until I also noticed my ctrl+2 and ctrl+3 weren't working either! Thinking it was Photoshop, I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, reset my preferences, and even registered on this forum just to ask about it, lol.

I isolated the culprit to GeForce Experience, that had a recent update hijacking system wide control over those ctrl shortcuts. This is quite possibly one of the biggest goofs I've seen Nvidia put out, and I don't see how it got through testing, when you consider it also hurts players on Starcraft II, MMO's, and god knows how many other things we use the ctrl key for. Someone claims on Nvidia's site that they fixed it with the 3.1.0.52 update, but others are still confirming issues, as am I. I uninstalled GeForce Experience and sure enough it worked again. As of this topic, it's still not fixed, and it's been 13 days now.

You can change the shortcuts Geforce Experience uses by opening the Overlay(CTRL+F9), clicking on preferences(the cogs to the left), and choosing Shortcuts from the menu.