What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Generate one missing line of pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argos

Guru
4,294,967,296 is the number I found for 32 binary combination possibilities, that's the number being binary, two options for each square, this case is 4 options instead of 2 so the number is a lot bigger.....

So or it's a hidden patron to find genus people or it would be the absurdest assignment I ever see in a school...

I give up trying to explain the absurdity of this request...

ph_o_e_n_ix

Therefore, it must have something to do with school or teaching ...

... something that zosadu56 hasn't told us yet.

Rich54

Guru
If anybody is interested, I replaced the four shades of gray with different colors so that I could distinguish them better. I also separated each color on its own layer in the hope that a pattern would become apparent if I only looked at one color at a time. But after all that work, I cannot see any pattern and cannot solve the puzzle. I've attached my PSD file below.

Pyramid - Black.jpg

Pyramid - Blue.jpg

Pyramid - Green.jpg

Pyramid - Red.jpg

Attachments

• Pyramid.psd
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Argos

Guru
First, I see birds face, second is a monkey face, third is a mantis and the last one is a dragon with the open wings, sorry I couldn't resist!

In a serious note, that was a cool idea rich54.

Rich54

Guru
In a serious note, that was a cool idea rich54.

Thanks. I just had one more idea. The original image looks like a photograph that has been pixellated. So I tried using a gaussian blur to un-pixellate it. I am definitely seeing things here that I didn't see before, but I still cannot solve the puzzle.

Pyramid - Blur.jpg

ph_o_e_n_ix

@zosadu56

Now that you have been online several times, it would have been nice to answer the open questions and reveal all the information - In any case, it doesn't look like homework

zosadu56

Hello there guys , yeah i been busy doing few power point presentation with many slides :) just got over with it , its not a "homework"
Its something like competition and everyone can try to solve it
I dont know how to call this subject in enghlis , but its something like Informatic ,
but the teacher also teach math so its possible that there is some king of mathematical patters for pixels but im not sure, i have spended 2 days by looking and counting and did not
find the pattern.

Also im looking and nice ideas guys thumbs up !!:)

btw (in first picture i see something like skull/ alien - with all coloros)
but when i look at it upside down i see Mario riding something :D

ph_o_e_n_ix

I dont know how to call this subject in enghlis , but its something like Informatic ,
but the teacher also teach math so its possible that there is some king of mathematical patters for pixels but im not sure, i have spended 2 days by looking and counting and did not
find the pattern.
And that's exactly why you should post the complete picture here or at least explain why there are significantly more black squares in the first picture than in the other pictures.

Why did you delete certain parts of the picture? There has to be a logical explanation for that.

If the missing row of pixels can really be determined logically, edited images lead to incorrect results ...

Here's a puzzle example where removing black squares inevitably makes a solution impossible ...

view_pears01.gif

zosadu56

Hello there, @ph_o_e_n_ix i i did not deleted , the original image was much smaller so i have made a bigger version ,
the deleted part of picture (i never had it )i think teacher left it as a clue
i ll attach pic to understand
// today he told us , that since no one got it correct he ll add something , i will send it as i get it

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have to admit that I was initially intrigued as I personally love a good challenge. However, after separating the shades similar to what Rich did without colors and including the white squares, I quickly realized that there was really no set or repetitive pattern in any of the shades or recognizable imagery, I quickly threw in the towel. What's really going to make us all angry will be if we ever find out the solution.....................it will probably be simple! Or not! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.