What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get a brush effect bigger than 2500px?

drw158

Hello, I like to make my own brushes and such but I need to cover a 10" by 10" 300dpi canvas with a single brush. Currently, the brushes cannot go larger than 2500px. So how can I get the brush effect (removes all white pixels to transparent)?

I make brushes out of scans from old paper, so there is no need to move the brush once I click.

I have tried messing with the layers modes, but none seem to do the trick. I have also bitmaped the brush material (old paper scans), with a diffusion dither to convert it into a halftone image in order to place a color onto the bitmap, but I'd rather not do that. I'd rather keep the material greyscale and not convert it into black and white pixels.

thanks!

drw158

More info

here is a link to an example of my work. As you can see there is a slight paper texture in the black background. I used a brush, but since this is a 10" by 10" image 300dpi, a brush cannot fully encompass the whole canvas. What you see is a bitmapped and dithered greyscale paper texture in the background ( i don't want to dither it. I want it to be fully greyscale but in another color besides black)
photo link

Last edited: