What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting ready for halloween

Hey, I missed this one smoke, so thanks to Adum for resurrecting it. I will come back and look at it later since you want critiques but my barber is waiting!

I love your zombie and your model!

The only thing that immediately stands out as off is the distant fortress. It looks too close and actually looks like a pile of rocks that are closer than the arch. I think it should be bigger and blurrier.

Clare is rigt on you background structures. They need a slight blur, and some atmospheric perspective. If you don't know what that is, look at your bottom left picture. See how the mountains in the distance are lighter and less clear? This is from atmospheric perspective, caused by the tiny water droplets that are in the air. At short distances we can't see them, but the further something is away the more droplets we can see and the denser they appear, thus giving distant objects that hazy look.
The structure on the right was photographed at distance, so it should be the farthest back, just peeking over the horizon. It just doesn't look correct where it is.
The clouds need a slight gaussian blur and (this is personal preference) the yellow on the shirt isn't working, it's way too saturated.

Other than that, the composite works well and I like it. Good job! :)

really cool, composition is bang on, try expreimenting with textures and film grain to give it that zombie-esque gritty feeling =)

thanx guys for heads up. now i have a lot of tasks to learn-handle to improve my manipulation. will upload updates.

after some time:
T-shirt desaturation Check!
Fortress re-build in different area :D Check!
Atmospheric layer added (special thanx to Fatboy73) thats new thing to me : Check!
clouds gausian blurred : Check!

Anything else comes to minds? would be glad to hear :D

zombie-v2.jpg

Last edited:
Great peace man!
when i saw the 1st one i said that the sky should be softer...and u did it in the second one!
Keep it up
But how u made the zombie's face ? :)

The composition looks great, much more cohesive. I think the best complement I can give is to say that it looks like some one came upon this scene and snapped a photo. :)

Hytham:
i captured auto portrait of my self with agresive-angry emotion, than replaced it. To look more zombysh
with liquidify tool i made forehead bigger like Frankenstein's
with burn tool i made darker around eyes
changed colors of eyes
used crack texture for more dramatic skin

Fatboy73; ibclare; pleasure to hear compliments. now this work makes me feel much more confident :D

Last edited:

Back