What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Rid of Original Outline

General_T

Hi,

I tried enough stabbing in the dark, so I am looking for some educated help.

I am working on this gymnastics pose but I want to create a new outline with anchors - so I can edit it in a different way.

I created a new outline (as you can see in the pic) by using the Freeform Pen Tool. Now I just want to delete the black fill silhouette (which I used to create the new outline). But when I try to delete it the new outline deletes.

What is the proper way of creating an outline with anchor points?:question:

Skinny Legs.jpg

When I upload the pic it doesnt show the outline - I guess its to faint and I cant increse the stroke thickness - that only affects the silhouette?
Thanks

Tony

SeniorS

Guru
Open Path pallete. There should be Work path or something. Click outside it. Now delete silhouette or make new white layer and delete background.

General_T

Hi

Thank you Seniors.

That worked but now I have an outline that isn't on any layer in the layers panel? Even if I turn them all off (no eye) the outline is there?
How do I get it on a layer?

SeniorS

Guru
That outline isn't on any layer that's a separete object.
I don't know what you want to do with it. But just click on layer where you want make some effects with that path (stroke etc.) and click on path in path pallete.

General_T

Hi SeniorS,

I ended up re-doing it as a Shape Layer and this seems to automatically put it on its own layer - although it adds a mask? Anyway I can now work with it.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Last edited: