What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manipulation Ghost Ship

gedstar

Guru
Hey Crystal

Nice work, maybe bring the ship more into the foreground and add some stars

Ghost-Ship-stars.jpg

Hi Cristal
Your composite is too dark. With a full moon even a night scene is never pitch-black.
This is why you lost so many nice details.
And the dodge and burn technique doesn't work well in the water and the waves. It looks blotchy and more like painted in.
I'm not happy to tell you all this, but it's my intention to show you how to improve your work.

I did a quick composite with your small images. Just to show what could be done with the chosen images.
I hope this is ok with you, and that moderators don't delete my post.

Regards Chris

Ghost ship orginals chrisdesign.jpg

Pipsmom

Guru
Thank you both. And your input is invaluable to any future work so always as the kids say, `Tell it like it is' and I mean that.
My original idea was to have the ship close enough to add errie green light coming out the windows in keeping with the Halloween theme....but positioning I saw was way to far back to add that when it was time.....First mistake...Start off as a smart object which I didn't do :unsure:
Honestly I struggled with this piece lost for days and agree it is to dark, but when I played with lighting it was to light...never could find that sweet spot to make it happen like I wanted in my minds eye.
I need to put in a more practice turning day into night before i get the hang on this to do a decent job in night scenes

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Good efford Crystal. :thumbsup:
But the ship should be more on the forefround and the composite less darker.
I'm just repeating what Ged and Chris already wrote...