What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glare Removal and Color Correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 10 Christmas portraits that you can see the glare from the lighting on the backdrop and some of the lighting is a bit dark. The he shadowing on her face is rather dark so lighting corrections to brighten up her face and under her eyes would be great. I Need them fixed within the week if at all possible. I don't really know if this fits in a Modification category or Edits Category of pricing but the photos were $200 to get done so If they can be fixed for under that prices I'd be happy.

Here's an example of the glare I'm talking about (the uploader on this page wouldn't let me post the full size photo so this is just a screen cap):
Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 10.07.06 PM.png

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Martha

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi Martha,
Thank you for posting these in our freelance section. Please read the rules for this section. https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...-posting-freelance-job-please-read-first.html
You received some good advice from Tom Mann in the other thread you created. So you may want to be specific about the color and shadow corrections. You should receive some replies soon from qualified artists. After the work is completed, please advise. The thread rules require that you as the OP post something here at least every 72 hours. Thanks!

Last edited:
Lee, That looks amazing! Replacing the background was my original plan but it was more difficult for me than I anticipated. I know this seems like a stupid question but the original photos are 2592 x 3888, so would a background of the same size have to be used in order to maintain original size and quality?

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm not interested in participating in this as a fee-for-service request, but I will probably look in from time to time and kibitz, LOL.

@OP: "... so would a background of the same size have to be used in order to maintain original size and quality? ..."

The background would have to be around the same size or larger (in horizontal and vertical pixel dimensions) in order to maintain quality. If needed, it could be some tens of percent smaller, but much smaller than that, and you would be giving up quality. In addition, the direction, directionality, number of lights, spread, color, etc. of lighting of the new background has to be similar to that of the one it's replacing in order for the switch not to be obvious. Some of these qualities can be fudged in PS, but doing so would cost more time and money, so it's better to get it to match the original right from the start.

HTH,

Tom M

ALB68

I haven't heard back as yet...

Lee
This is kind of weird. Given the original urgency of the request. Keep us posted Lee.

ALB68

May as well close this I think Larry as I've still not heard back...

Lee

I am thinking the same thing, but OP has a few more hours to post. If nothing by then I will lock it. Thanks for the input/

ALB68

Due to inactivity and reply from OP, this thread is now closed. If for any reason it needs to be re-opened please advise a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.