What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Book for FX/Web Design?

mobile target

Ok. I know how to use photoshop, but i suck badly at it. i need to learn it for web design and for FX. i really need help with this so my skills in it (the little i have) are worthwhile. THANKS!

Alistair

Guru
Well, first off, welcome to the forum! Second off, what exatctly do you want to know. I could teach you basics, but would you mind telling us what you all know, and what you really would really like to know? Give us a line to start at so we can go on from there and introdce you a bit more to ps. ;)

pdog182

I found these books helpful:

Inside Photoshop 7 is a huge book that gives you all of the basics you'll need and teaches you how to do a lot of cool stuff.

Photoshop 7 Down and Dirty Tricks is all about cool effects. It doesn't offer the background info for how everything in photoshop works, but the tutorials are well written and easy to follow.

Alistair

Guru
there are photoshop books out there, i think theres a couple photoshop for dummies books which are excellent :perfect: I've seen photoshop 7.0 official books. But why don't you stick around here foist, you'll learn 5 books just hanging here. Go to the inside track and ask gare some questions, he's made a variety of books (i believe so anyways) :)

Erik

Guru
Just to add: the writer of the fabulous (really!) Inside Photoshop books, Gary Bouton, has his own forum here (the inside track) ask any questions you want on the book. He's a terrific, dedicated teacher & very friendly too.

If you're looking for FX in Photoshop, check out the Friends of Ed series ( www.friendsofed.com ). And browse the quick tips and techniques forum here, or...just ask what you're looking for but can't find. Like hungry piranha's were are ready to jump on any problem that comes up, chopping it to pieces, and sometimes, I admit, we even eat a fellow poster alive...heheee [honesty]

Geoff

heya mobile welcome to the board :perfect: i find the best way to get to know how things work is just through experience and playing around with it at your own pase B7 stick around and try out some of the tutorials and challenges... trust me its the best way to learn ;) ;) and just remember, nobody in the world knows everything there is to know in photoshop, its a never ending universe of possibilities :p

G

Welcome to the board mobile target :perfect:

Mark has created some great tutorials on this web site for user with different skill levels :perfect:

And the nice thing is, that we offer you all the support on this board if you experience any problems while doing them. Also feel free to ask any questions you might have ;)