What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradients

LiquidSun

Hi

Me again ..

I'm trying to add radial gradients to get a few bubbles on the screen but each time I do a new one they cover the last.

Thanks

Yep, the trick is indeed separate layers. A new gradient on the same selection on the same layer will replace the old gradient. Just put your selection on a nwe layer and do the new gradient. You can play around with opacities, blending modes, etc. to get the effect you want.

If you want to create black bubbles on the same layer, with a black to white circular gradient, switch the blending more of your gradient to darken. play with the CTRL+I (invert) and also with multiply,screen, all the blending modes blend mode to add more bubbles, you can have a lot of fun doing that!

Look at this Ka? Power Tip (and at the others too! ): http://development.gurusnetwork.com/kpt/tip/12/
It is the same, but with white to black and lighten (try also screen)

Have fun!

Back