What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradual blur - How?

dgjm

Hi

I have taken a group photo of people in a park and I would like to blur the people in the background. I want to use the lens blur so the blurring looks like it was done through the lens.

I also want to avoid the image looking like that the sharp object was pasted on a blurred background especially around the hair on the subjects heads, which is why I am looking for a gradual blur.

Is this possible?

Thank you

mozartdminor

you can blur a gradient by rasterizing the layer its on.
??? I think he meant gradual, not Gradient.

There are only a couple of ways that I can see you getting the effect you're describing: either cut your foreground out and put it on it's own layer, to avoid it getting blurred. (also, you could try duplicating the layer, blurring it and cutting your foreground out of the duped layer so that the unblurred foreground shows through. that should produce identical results)

Or ? you could pull out your blur tool and do it all by hand. There is really no substitute for doing things by hand, but it's going to be a pain to get it right.

mikey121_101

blur

hmm, if you only trying to blur the background on an image, .. this is to bring focus to the forgrouns yes ? .... i would reccomend using the polygon lasoo tool, to copy the background and paste on to its own layer, . then use the blur tool on the edges of the people, ... maby usse the lens blur for final effect? .. im still learning this stuff, so im orry if im completly wrong,
p.s sorry for any spelling errors. -mike-