What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphic Design Brochure

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelcito787

i'm making a brochure for "graphic design".. its an assignment for school, we can either go with the simple "writing 2 paragraphs" or take it a step up and do a brochure. Im choosing this because my major is graphic design, and i like being creative.. but i have no idea where to start, any ideas on how to make this thing fall into place? i'm producing the images in photoshop cs5 and creating it with illustrator cs5

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Sounds interesting, show us what you have if you started on it.

Is the brochure on the topic of graphic design, or it is your graphic design project and can be on any other topic? Is the final result to be printed, or displayed as a graphic?

First thing would be to get the dimensions properly set and start adding some content, then see where it leads you. If you need specific help with anyone let us know.

iDad

Guru
This is a school assignment but in Photoshop Freelance Work? Does it need to be moved to another forum?

I thought it was fine where it was. I been busy so i haven't been around a lot lately but ill try and get back soon to help ya out chelcito..

iDad

Guru
Chill? why is that

chelcito787

New to the site, so I didn't know where it should go. I figured it would fit here, but my bad. Just wanted help, not to be told it's in the wrong section.

chelcito787

Well it's suppose to explain the major. Like talk about WHAt it is, the work conditions, the salary.. things like that. I found a "brochure" template, so the dimensions are right as far as that goes, I just don't know how I should start it, like what to put. Thats where I'm stuck, I started a little on the cover page thoguh. I want it to look more professional and creative instead of junky.

New to the site, so I didn't know where it should go. I figured it would fit here, but my bad. Just wanted help, not to be told it's in the wrong section.

It was fine where it was buddy, ill have some free time today, you got any examples of what you are trying to do?

Note: I moved this back to the general board, if Gaussian or Admin want it in the freelance section, please by all means move it back. I believe we can help this guy without charging him though.

Ok Chel, what is your design going to be based on? Let's pick a subject or object and start there...

Scott20015

Why not start back at the beginning? Stone litho...Guttenberg...Ben Franklin, all great characters in the story of printing and design.

Well, i think since it's on graphic design then keep it clean and simple or go all out, sometimes over thinking something can get you in trouble, just dive in and see what comes of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.