What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings and...HALP me...HALP me!

Jim Palasty

Greetings,

First time poster to forum, thank you for having me.
I hope to contribute something useful to your forums.

I do have a request for help, this is driving me batty...

I've got a nice new box with a 30GB SSD as my boot disk. Currently I have CS4 and CS5, so it doesn't matter which one I get working, but I want to install Adobe on a separate hard drive. I don't want one single piece of installation on my C Drive, but no matter how hard I try I can't get this to work.

I really hope one of you Photoshop gurus can help. I'm so desperate I'm thinking of using *gasp* something other than PS. If you can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Jim

Thanks for the links dv8_fx, didn't really give me much in the way of help. Apparently I'm not the only person who has this issue...seems like Adobe should have a utility or a patch or somethin.

Anywho, thanks for the replies.

You can install PS on any drive you want but with Windows there will be an Adobe directory tree under the user settings on the boot drive.
It may be under Application Data or App Data or someplace else or under some other name depending on the OS version.

Mac I don't know

Good news, well for me at least. Although I did not succeed in keeping all of the installation files off from the C Drive...I did get most (75%) to install on my data drive. All it took was editing one of the XML files in the installation disk. Bing, Bam, Boom! Success!
Thanks to everyone who replied!

Jim

Back