What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gym effect / gym edit .

gautamz07

Power User
hey guys i saaw this picture edit online on google .

Mark_Ebinger-CHM_103.jpg

i am sure this is not a one step effect , can somebody tell me if there is a any tutorial on creating such a effect or what such an effect is called ?

Thanks .

Gautam.

Tom Mann

Guru
At the risk of stating the obvious, one must start with an appropriate, high quality, well lit photo. No (reasonable) amount of post processing of the selfie someone takes at the gym with their cell phone is likely to yield something like this.

Tom M

Last edited:

gautamz07

Power User
@Hoogle , Whoooooaa , how did you get soo much silver in it ??

did you like turn shadows all the way up ??

psd.pngpsd.png

i mean i am doing this effect through Image > shadows and heighlights , thats what i saw in a tutorial ! :)

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
Sometimes to get get more colour you have to remove colour !!!

Just messing with the riddles I desaturated the image and recoloured it

Hoogle

Guru
I prefer black and white adjustment layer then you can boost highlights and shadows with the respective colours

gautamz07

Power User
image.jpg

original picture .

Triple-H-routine.jpg

am i doing the removing the color effect correctly ??

after i do this if i try the shadows and heighlights , i don't really get the strong silver and strong red that you get ? did you kind of use the pen tool and or something ?

Last edited: