What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Half shadow face

Ven

I'm sure we've seen "half shadow face" photoshoots and I'd like that applied here although I want the glasses (both frame and lenses) to stay their vibrant gold. The rest of the photo can be cropped out (a square should suffice). Original attached. The other smaller attachment was me messing around with basic settings on my phone but I couldn't achieve the look. Also maybe photoshop the phone & boat reflection from the right (your perspective) lense so it matches the left? Thanks 😎

PXL_20221007_144556679.jpg

Last edited:
Late to the party as ususal:(

There were so many variations on this I was going to pass. But...

Today I started reading the January 6 report and only got to Bennie Thompson's introduction when I saw his portrait. I thought about this project and got some ideas.

I more or less kept the background with a strong compromise to Bennie's and modified the foreground primarily via shadows

PXL_2022_7.jpg

@ex_teacher - was that the portrait shot in the NYT? Great rendition on your part - nice idea to "shadow in" the background... :)

Thanks
I got Bennie Thompson's image from the Jan 6 Report PDF I downloaded from the NY so it's probably a stock photo and the same as many or all new outlets are using.
This is a less formal image and I kept the Graphic T-shirt because it plays so well with the glasses. I saturated the browns a bit and down-played the blues. I thought those intense blues were too much in the warm tone field I added.

Back