What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand tool different behaviour.

laoha123

Hello guys! When in full mode I can drag the image with the hand tool freely. When in normal mode I can't usually do that and the image remains "sticked". But sometimes when after reverting from full mode to normal I can drag the image as in full mode. Is this a bug caused by my 8600 GT graphic card or it is something else? I would like to be able to drag the image in normal mode like I do in full mode, so if anyone out there have the same issue enlighten me please!!

Double click the hand tool icon....... Pressing F will toggle you through the View Screen Mode Options.

It's not a bug caused by you GCard or what..... it's just the way adobe designed it.... and this is one part I'll never understand why adobe created those options.

Selecting the HAND TOOL, you'll see 4 view option buttons in the menu. With Buttons 1, 3, 4 - you can move the image around. But with Button 2, you can't......

Now .... toggle through the Screen Mode Options with the F Key...... Pressing it the 3rd time brings you back where you started..... you can't move the image around.

But if you were in Full Screen Mode and pressed the TAB key, you're still in Full Screen mode but with the menu & Controls in view. Now you can move the image around.

One disadvantage of being in this view mode.... the minimize bar is gone and you can't access your Windows Task Bar....

After some trial and error I found a way to bypass this annoyng feature and move the image freely while in Standard Screen Mode.
1. Zoom in far enough so the image borders exceed monitor space and press F three times to cycle through view modes. Now you can drag freely the image.
2.While in Standard Screen Mode zoom in so the image borders exceed monitors space and press H and click to enter bird view mode. Release mouse button.Now you can drag freely the image.

Hope will help anyone with the same issue!
@Dv8_fx. I didnt even now those 4 buttons exist because this is maybe the second time I ever select the hand tool whitout using the spacebar shortcut.:)

@Dv8_fx. I didnt even now those 4 buttons exist because this is maybe the second time I ever select the hand tool whitout using the spacebar shortcut.:)

Glad you found a way around it.

I was on PS7 for years and upgraded to CS3 last year..... I'm now on 4 but a lot things I don't know about CS3.

Cheers.

Back