What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handy FireFox Add-On...possibly.

MrToM

Guru
Saw this a while back...

Open With Photoshop
[noparse]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/open-with-photoshop/[/noparse]

...and thought it may be handy for quickly downloading images from here to work on when answering questions.
Unfortunately it never worked, but today I came across it again and the good news is....now it does!

The bad news is it doesn't work on PSG....well, not as planned anyway.

It does try to open the images in PS but the image file has an .htm extension and PS throws a wobbly...which is fair enough....although you can set a temporary 'download' folder then just change the extension to .jpg and you have your image file back.

OK....that does rather defeat the whole point of the Add-On for PSG but everywhere else I've tried, it works flawlessly.....right click and open straight into PS.

Its available for both Win and Mac.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Useful information but I think this probably falls in to the category of - A great solution desperately looking for a problem -

I just have a short action set up in Photoshop that creates a new image out of whatever is on the clipboard. I keep PS running in the background and just right click an image, copy it to the clipboard and then hit F11 in Photoshop (the key I set up to launch the action).