What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone received a letter from Adobe .......

Steve

Retired Administrator
...... informing you they were hacked and your personal information was compromised?
I did, it was last month.

The gave me a complimentary Experian ProtectMyID.com account and so far I've had no problems.

Another odd thing that happened, and I assume it's related, Photoshop has reverted just a few days ago to a trial version on 2 computers.
I held my breath and re-entered my serial number but it worked just fine.

Has anyone had an issue like this?

iDad

Guru
I did I canceled my credit card and it had to wait for 10 days, during that Adobe was trying to make a monthly withdrawal and it didn't work until I updated numbers when I got in the mail. It only happened one day but Adobe canceled my CC use it happened within 24 hours that the numbers.... updated total BS, it was not my fault they were hacked

MikeMc

McGuru
My daughter and her S O got the notice as he had CC for work and was hacked also. She also got the letter as she had purchased CS5.5 for me as a student a year prior ?? she never had issues nor did he, but I hear of more than a few issues with the "Cloud Closing".....

Hoogle

Guru
had a whole weekend of messing around with them reinstalling products they manually activated it after I was locked out telling me all my 30 day trials had expired, they had me reinstall cloud and all programs when that didnt work they had me remove it from my laptop and deactivate it all, still didnt work rinstalled OS on 2 of my computers just to be told it was their error so they reactivated my subscription which generated a new billing date so far I have paid £98.99 for 1 month of usage adobe have not got back to me about a 1 month refund. Instead they offered me Photoshop and lightroom for $9.99 a month which is the right price for anyone but not good for me as I have a £49.98 a month subscription.

I think that is a reasonable price even if it is nearly 40% more expensive than if I lived in America for exactly the same thing but their customer service does not represent anywhere near the level it should be.

I am just waiting for them to drop the whole price of the full suite they have lowered photoshop and lightroom to $9.99 a month which is damn good value if you don't have CS6 not really worth it yet for CS6 users to pay monthly for virtually exactly the same thing they have already.

But them trying to combat piracy by reducing subscriptions I am a big fan off as long as they don't turn around and say I cant get it at the reduced rate because I am tied up in a 12 month contract...

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
yeah..I got one of those. Haven't had any issues either.